Theme 1: Identity and Culture
Theme 2: Local, national, international and global areas of interest
Theme 3: Current and future study and employment
Autumn Term Sep – Dec
Revision of the present tense.
Introduction to cultural festivals.
Developing the use of complex past tenses.
Common irregular verbs.
Developing reading skills.
- Knowledge organiser Year 10 Autumn 1
- Festivals around the world.
- Celebrations with family.
- Examining and using different past tenses.
- Revisiting listening skills.
- Revisiting speaking skills..
- Knowledge organiser Year 10 Autumn 2
Spring Term Jan – Apr
- Different homes.
- My area.
- My wider region.
- Revising the differences between the present and past.
- Looking at complex writing.
- Knowledge organiser Year 10 Spring 1
Charities and voluntary work
- The conditional tense.
- The main benefits of charities.
- How can you help?
- Using negatives.
- Using the imperfect and recognising the pluperfect.
- Knowledge organiser Year 10 Spring 2
Summer Term 1 Apr – July
Revision of topics and speaking preparation
- Poverty and charity work.
- Preparing for the speaking exam.
- Introduction to environment.
- Knowledge organiser Year 10 Summer