Theme 1: Identity and Culture
Theme 2: Local, national, international and global areas of interest
Theme 3: Current and future study and employment
Autumn Term Sep – Dec
Revision of the perfect tense.
Introduction to cultural differences regarding the school day.
Describing your school.
The best and worst of your school.
How to improve your school.
Using the conditional tense.
Developing complex speaking skills.
- Knowledge organiser Year 11 Term 1, independence booklets and Quizlet.
Spring Term Jan – Apr
- Using a variety of tenses to improve your writing.
- To study or to find a job?
- The benefits of university and apprenticeships.
- Revising complex adjectives.
- The subjunctive.
- The conditional tense.
- Finding work!
- Advantages and disadvantages of different jobs.
- Superlatives and comparatives.
- The passive.
- Knowledge organiser Year 11 Term 2, independence booklets and Quizlet.
Summer Term 1 Apr – June
Revision of topics and exam preparation
- Revision of vocabulary for all topics.
- Writing skills and final preparations.
- Reading and listening skills.
- Final preparations for the speaking exam.
- Intensive exam skills.
- All knowledge organisers, independence booklets, revision guides, Quizlet and revision world.