Misconceptions in Geography
- What is Geography
- Africa – Country or Continent?
- Migration – we are all migrants
- Wealth vs Health – does being rich buy us good health?
- Can you measure quality of life?
- “The richest 1% vs the rest – who has the most control?
- Is Bolton really a diverse place?
- Do diseases only spread in dirty places?
- Rich diseases and poor diseases
It’s Hot, Hot, Hot
- Investigate the physical Geography of Antarctica
- Explore the climate of Antarctica
- Identify key features of animal adaptation for the Antarctic climate
- Investigate jobs in Antarctica
- Investigate the positive and negative impacts of extreme tourism in Antarctica
- Evaluate evidence that ice ages have happened
- Understand what glacier is and the processes that create and maintain them
Holiday from…Hell yeah!
- What is extreme tourism
- How do glaciers shape the land
- Glacial features
- Problems with tourism
- Would you travel to extreme places
- Dark tourism
- Is dark tourism ethically correct
Time for climate
- Describe various states of weather using geographical terminology
- What effects climate
- Climate change
- Global warming
- Effects of global warming
- What different climate change theories are there
The world is your oyster, banana, coffee bean
- What is globalisation
- The fashion industry
- Globalisation in India
- Globalisation in China
Where do the 7 Billion people live
- World population changes
- Where do people live
- What is a megacity
- Challenges in megacities
- Creating the ideal megacity
The UK Coastal Battle
- What is a coast
- How are coasts changing
- Features of erosion
- Features of transportation
- Features of deposition
- Is the UK under threat from the sea
- Sea level rise
- Coastal defences
River of dreams…nightmares of flooding
- Where are the major rivers of the world?
- Features of a drainage basin
- What forms the shape of a river
- Stages of a river
- Erosional Features
- Depositional features
- Major floods
- Causes of flooding
- Flood management