Every two weeks students are awarded an effort score of 1 – 4. This score powers our praise and rewards strategy to allow the efforts of our students to be recognised on a regular basis.
For Years 7-8, scores are awarded in English, maths and science.
For Years 9-11, scores are awarded in all their subjects.
What do we mean by outstanding effort?
- Student’s work is completed to the best of their ability (including presentation) enabling them to meet the Gold Standard.
- Behaviour is ALWAYS conducive to great learning with no instances of students failing to follow the Perfect Climate.
Score of 1
- 100% attendance in all Google Meet lessons, and
- Outstanding effort in Google Meet class (including behaviour).
Score of 2
- Only minor issues with any of the points above.
Score of 3
- At times, effort in Google Meet class (including behaviour) has required improvement.
Score of 4
- Effort in Google Meet class (including behaviour) is a cause for concern, and/or
- No evidence that students have engaged in their remote learning tasks .
Score of 0 (which does not affect their average score)
- The student has been absent from all lessons this fortnight, or
- The student is unable to complete their remote learning due to illness.