The two upcoming Bank Holidays are going to mean a significant amount of lost learning time for our Year 11 Option Subjects, a concern with it being so close to the start of the exams. With this in mind, we have made some alternative arrangements for Option subject catch-up lessons, to limit the impact of those days on the learning time your child would lose.
We are going to schedule 1-hour Session 4 classes on the week prior to each Bank Holiday for those subjects to gain some time back. These will ‘replace’ the existing Session 4s currently timetabled for those days. Students will be directed to go to their normal Option A, B or C lesson, with their usual teacher and room at 2.45pm on those days. This is how it will work.
The first Bank Holiday on Monday 1st May would see Option A and Option B classes impacted.
- An Option B Session 4, 2.45pm – 3.45pm will run on Tuesday 25th April
- An Option A Session 4, 2.45pm – 3.45pm will run on Wednesday 26th April
The second Bank Holiday on Monday 8th May would see Option A, B and C classes impacted.
- An Option A Session 4, 2,45pm – 3.45pm will run on Wednesday 3rd May
- An Option B Session 4, 2.45pm – 3.45m will run on Thursday 4th May
- An Option C Session 4, 2.45pm – 3.45pm run on Friday 5th May
As with any Session 4, attendance of these are compulsory.
You can identify which subjects are Option A, B or C by the class name on your child’s timetable. For example, if your child takes Art in Option A, their class name would be 11A/Ar1. If they take Art in Option C, their class name would be 11C/Ar1.